I had this t-shirt, it was a gift from someone a long time ago.
I had the thing almost a decade.
I hadn’t worn it much over the last few years because the thing was just falling apart. I’m not looking particularly great in a t-shirt anyway these days so there wasn’t any kind of a big loss on that front.
Still, I liked the cartoon on it and it reminded of the person who gave it to me so, I kept it around for a lot longer than I should have. I liked it so much I even looked around to see if I could find a place that still sold them because I would have bought a replacement - I liked the thing that much!
Turns out, you can’t get them anymore. The guy who drew it is back making cartoons but, even though some t-shirts with cartoons of his are offered up on a site this particular one isn’t one of them. Too bad really because I always thought this was very cool. Thinking about it, it occured to me how this really small, almost passing gesture by someone really stuck. It wasn’t a big deal when I got it or anything like that, just one of those kind of, “Oh, this is for you. I saw this t-shirt and I thought you would like it.”
Boy did I.
Did the person who got the shirt nail that one right on the head. It just made me think how sometimes we can do something small, something not big on our own radar that goes on to impact another person’s life in a big way. My only hope is to have the same effect on others.
No comments:
Post a Comment